I'm grateful for.....
- For the teenager who is not doing dishes but is watching TV, because that means he is at home and not on the streets.
- For the taxes I pay, because it means that I am employed.
- For the mess to clean after a party, because it means that I have been surrounded by friends.
- For the clothes that fit a little too snug, because it means I have enough to eat.
- For my shadow that watches me work, because it means I am out in the sunshine.
- For a lawn that needs mowing, windows that need cleaning, and gutters that need fixing, because it means I have a home.
- For all the complaining I hear about the government, because it means that we have freedom of speech.
- For the parking spot I find at the far end of the parking lot, because it means I am capable of walking, and that I have been blessed with transportation.
- For my huge heating bill, because it means I am warm.
- For the lady behind me in my place of worship when she sings off key, because it means that I can hear.
- For the pile of laundry and ironing, because it means I have clothes to wear.
- For weariness and aching muscles at the end of the day, because it means I have been capable of working hard.
- For the alarm that goes off in the early morning hours, because it means that I am alive.
- and finally....
- For too much e-mail, because it means I have friends who are thinking of me.
Prof. Timothy Sharp
Executive Coach & Consultant, Facilitator and Speaker